Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Two kinds of women...

I've determined there are two types of women in the cloth diaper world…the moms who use cloth strictly to save money and help the environment, and then the moms who started there…but then became obsessed hoarders who call diapers their pretties. I'm one of the crazy ones.

In reality, you can start off with about 2 dozen diapers and wash every other day. So if you're starting your research, consider buying 24 diapers and do the math that way. As you can see in my previous post…I didn't start there. I became obsessed long before I even had a butt to cover.

24 diapers is a good count for a newborn, that takes into account changing 12 diapers a day. As babies get older, you don't need to change them that often; they sleep through the night, they take a long nap, and you can change them every 2 hours in the time they are awake.
So why do I have more diapers with an 18 month old than I did with a newborn? Because I have issues…because I found a brand I love and she keeps making new prints, and I MUST have them. My motto, BUY ALL THE DIAPERS!

I will not admit the current count in fear my husband will ask me to sell some, and there's no such thing as a final count until there's no chance of diapering another kid. Any other crazies out there totally know where I'm coming from.

I would like to point out that the only reason my hoarding has become acceptable in our house is because of one thing I pointed out earlier, RESALE. My favorite brand has a very high resale value, this because these are not mass produced diapers. They are made in the US by a mom who wanted to make the perfect diaper…she did a pretty good job if you ask me and all of us crazy women who stalk her page every other week for a stocking. More on this later!


No comments:

Post a Comment